Tuesday, October 2, 2007

#9 Finding Feeds

Again, I played with the Google Reader to find feeds when I first read this lesson. I found it pretty straight forward, even found a friend's blog through a search on a person's name. I just tried out some of the other feed finders and found them harder to use.

One thing that was frustrating was finding local news on feed finders, but when I went to that site I couldn't find an RSS link to subscribe to the feed. I only want one feed reader for time and convenience, but unless I was misunderstanding the search engine, it seemed like you need to sign up with them to get local news feeds.

Overall, I wasn't impressed with the searches and will add feeds just as I stumble across them unless I'm searching for something specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment