Friday, October 5, 2007

#15 Get Your Hands Dirty in the Wiki Sandbox!

The first wiki I updated was the Blogging Libraries Wiki. I noticed that the Madison County Library wasn't listed under public libraries, so I added it. It felt really weird to be editing someone else's web content, but it was almost too easy. I didn't even have to log in or register.

If I could get Chuck on board, I could see using a wiki to work on a Best Practices for Digitization document. There is so much information already out there that this would be a place to bring it all together so we could discuss and work on our own document.

It would also work for any discussions the library will be having for an IR in the future. Or web page redesign. Or strategic planning. Or student work groups. Or...

Outside the library I have a web page I have been building for years. A wiki might be an easier way to compile the information on that web site. Allowing other users to add to the information would be a big plus. OK, I did it. In a matter of a few minutes I set up a wiki and transfered the web page to it and added even more links. I think I like this! No, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment