Monday, March 24, 2008

Going to Work to Rest

Have you ever felt like you had to go to work on Monday to rest up from the weekend? Of course sleeping in would be better, but I never seem to have that luxury.

Since it wasn't rainy this weekend and was reasonably warm, I worked outside most of the weekend. I've decided that I need one of three things: a smaller place, someone with muscles who likes to do outside work or machinery.

A smaller place wouldn't have helped much this weekend since most of the work I did was within 100 feet of the house. I don't see anyone with muscles in my immediate future, or long term future for that matter, so I guess the alternative is machinery. Machinery with an engine, not the wheelbarrow kind. But machinery doesn't like me and since I am trying to be environmentally conscious, I guess it will be the wheelbarrow for a while.

I just wish rock and dirt wasn't so dog gone heavy. It is amazing how much the backfill around the house has settled. Dozens of wheelbarrow loads moved Saturday and more to go.

But peas, lettuce and spinach are up, and I got 50 strawberry plants in the ground. The compost bin is built and in place and I've almost moved enough dirt to plant some honeysuckle to cascade over the retaining wall by the deck. And the peach tree is pruned, so maybe we'll have peaches this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment