Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Do you know that if you walk 2.73 miles a day every day of the year you will have walked 1000 miles? Not too bad, huh? At a brisk pace it would take about 45 minutes a day. But, if you get lazy and skip days, you end up walking 5 or 6 miles a day for the last two weeks of the year.

Back at the beginning of 2007 I signed up for the Richmond Parks Department 1000 Mile Club. (Actually I signed up for 2006 and quit in May.) December 31st I walked two miles to total 1000.5 miles walked in 2007 and to complete my first ever New Year's Resolution.

I think I'm going to try it again. Along with quitting Pepsis and taking the GRE. Success must go to my head. Finish one resolution and I think I can handle 3 this year. Pepsi will definitely be the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment