Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Water For Elephants

I have always been a voracious reader. If I go for a couple months without reading, then I can't do anything until I've devoured several books back to back. That makes it really hard to get things done.

Then I discovered audio books. Then the public library gave us access to free audio downloads through Kentucky Libraries Unbound and I got an MP3 player. Now I can 'read' books anywhere. While I'm knitting, pulling weeds, cutting up dozens of apples to can, walking, you name it. I'm much more productive and it makes the job I'm working on less monotonous.

Water for Elephants is the first audio book I've listened to that I feel like I need to go back to the real book and actually read it to make sure I didn't miss a single word. It is one of the best books I've read in a long time. Parts of it are heartbreakingly sad, and parts are funny and the twist at the end makes you go back to reread the prologue immediately. If you're looking for a good read, I highly recommend Water for Elephants.

1 comment:

  1. fantastic book - I loved it! I am now listening to "the Help" and I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete