Saturday, September 20, 2008

Finishing Knitting Projects

Since realizing just how many knitting projects I have started, I've been working hard to finish some of them.

The yoga mat bag was the easiest to complete once I resolved the not enough yarn issue, so I ripped out the strap and used that yarn to finish the bag. Instead of knitting a strap, I braided one from the Navaho rope directions in Shear Spirit. So one project is finished except for the drawstring around the top and that doesn't count. Sorry for the blurry photo and the cardboard tube used as filler, but that's what was available.

Then I started on the couch pillow that was mostly finished, only now it isn't. I learned the proper way to make a seam and got excited, but when I put it on the pillow form, I was even more dissatisfied with the flap that buttons down. Since that was the first part knit, I refuse to rip out the whole pillow, so I think I will try unraveling it at the color change, pick up stitches and reknit the flap differently. Isn't the right seam so much prettier? Well at least it is neater.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to make the braided Navajo strap for your bag-- I am so psyched to see someone try that, snaps to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gale, Thank you so much for this book. It is beautiful and has given me so many ideas for my own fiber farm that I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete