Thursday, November 15, 2007

#19 Podcasts

After a lot of digging I found an interesting series of podcasts created by Palinet relating to institutional repositories. Unfortunately they only recorded 4 interviews and don't seem to be active now. But these interviews gave me a brief introduction to Digital Commons before the session we went to earlier this week.

The podcasts were interesting and I like the portability of them. I usually listen to books on my mp3 player when I walk, but one morning I downloaded all four podcasts and listened to them. Instead of searching for libraries, I usually search for archives (not an easy search, because you find lots of archives of things, but not archives as a subject) and archivists and there don't seem to be as many podcasts or blogs or anything relating to archives. But I am hearing more and more about Archives 2.0, so that should change soon.

On the lighter side I subscribed to the Lion Brand yarn Yarncraft Podcast about knitting and crocheting. The worst thing about all the web 2.0 stuff is the tremendous amount of information that is available. How do you weed through all the cool stuff and get down to just what you are interested in or need. Part of my problem is too many interests, but there seems to be such a large core of information that is needed just to be able to make good decisions about things we do everyday.

Ok, maybe the answer is to just do, not to think about what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment