Thursday, April 8, 2010

Random Thoughts

A friend let me borrow his canoe last night and took me to Owsley Fork for the first canoe trip this summer. It was beautiful. The lake was calm and peaceful. The trees are starting to turn green and the redbuds are in full bloom. There just wasn't enough time to enjoy it fully. Someday I have to get a canoe, so I can go out whenever I need to.

Last day of the cold spell was March 30, redbuds started blooming April 5; I guess that was Redbud winter. Dogwood winter is right on the money though, with the cold spell starting today and the dogwoods just starting to bloom. Two winters down, locust and blackberry left to go.

Proof that cats can get down from trees without fire department assistance. I'm trying to wean Hurley from the house and he climbed this very tall tree to get away from the dogs. I couldn't coax him down, so I went inside. Melissa, texting from Florida, said call the fire department and get my cat out of the tree. The next time I went out he had gotten down and climbed another tree. At least he was not so far up and looked content. The third trip out to rescue him he was on a log and finally reachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment