Monday, July 20, 2009

Firefox "Too Much Recursion Error"

Since this is the second time this has happened I want to make note of the easy fix that I accidentally discovered, because I know it will take forever to figure it out again in six months.

The thing I like best about Firefox is the ability to customize it with add-ons. One that I really like is the One Click Weather Add-on that shows the weather in the bottom of the Firefox window.

Unfortunately this particular add-on sometimes causes an error message that reads "too much recursion" and won't allow Firefox to even open. After several Google searches and only finding complicates fixes, I decided to uninstall Firefox and try to disable add-ons.

There wasn't an uninstall menu item for Firefox, but there was a safe mode which let me open Firefox with add-ons disabled. From there I was able to uninstall the One Click Weather and re-enable the other add-ons, restart Firefox and everything was back to normal.

Much easier than creating a new profile and copying information from the old profile to the new.

2 comments:

  1. Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete