Thursday, May 15, 2008

Springtime

There has been so much going on at the farm right now, that I can't seem to keep up with it all. After living in the house for over a year I'm finally trying to get some landscaping done, so every evening I'm planting something or moving dirt.

I started pouring a concrete pathway to the house last summer, but it seemed to take so long and it got complicated when I decided to do a curvy path rather than straight. A few weeks ago I noticed a lot of slate laying on top of the ground where they had recently put in a water line close to home. So every evening I've stopped and picked up slate. One more night will give me enough to do most of the path and it will be much faster than mixing about 30 bags of concrete.

My youngest just turned 13, so it's official, a household full of female teenagers and one menopausal mom. It gets interesting. Somehow she managed to get a four-legged birthday present. That 'S' tattooed on my forehead must be getting bigger.

Once again the peach tree is loaded with tiny peaches, but since they never get very big, I'm trying the advice in one of my gardening books and I'm thinning them. Maybe this year we'll have good peaches and the Japanese beetles won't get them all.

Ashley just started a blog for things that are happening on the farm which finally has a name, Cedar Pond Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment